This is one of the best soups I have ever had. My wife and I love this and it will definitely warm you up on a cold day. This is the original recipe that is used at Olive Garden but it has been toned down by Tuscan Recipes to serve between 6-8 people. I have altered the amount of crushed red peppers as well since it was way to spicy for our tastes with the original amount.
- 1-lb ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 large diced white onion
- 4 Tbsp bacon pieces
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 10 cups of water
- 5 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1-lb sliced Russet potatoes (approximately 3 large potatoes)
- 1/4 of a bunch of kale
- Saute the Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat and refrigerate while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In the same pan, saute bacon, onions, and garlic over low-medium heat for approximately 15 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add chicken bouillon and water to the pot and heat until it starts to boil.
- Add the sliced potatoes and cook until soft, about a half-hour.
- Add the heavy cream and just cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in the sausage and the kale. Let all heat through and serve.
Sit back and enjoy the delicious fruits (or soups) of you labor!